FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where can I use a Mickwick®?
- Fire pit (outside)
- Fireplace (inside)
- Backcountry camping
- Car and RV camping
- Boat and Paddling camping
- Perfect for urban dwellers on roof, park, or backyard.
- Please check local guidelines and restrictions for burn bans before using a Mickwick®
How long does a Mickwick® Burn?
- A Mickwick® will burn for approximately 20 minutes by itself without any wood added.
Can I use more than One Mickwick® ?
- Yes, sometimes very wet wood or lack of patience for a quick fire, one would use 2+ Mickwicks®.
Where should I store my Mickwick(s)®?
- The Mickwick® should be stored in cool / dry place (even though it is water resistant) most importantly out of direct sunlight.
Does the Mickwick® contain harmful chemicals?
- No! The Mickwick® is made with all natural ingredients all sourced in the United States of America.
Will the Mickwick® explode?
- No, the Mickwick® is nonvolatile, after approximately 20 minutes it will burn out.
Is the Mickwick® safe to burn around children?
- Yes, it burns clean but parents/guardians should keep all lighters, matches, and Mickwick® Fire Starters away and out of reach of children at all times.
Is a Mickwick® a Candle?
- No! A Mickwick® is a fire enhancement device designed to start and maintain a fire.
Is the Mickwick® waterproof?
- Yes, the Mickwick has been thoroughly tested in water, snow, and ice, they are waterproof including the wick!. Each Mickwick will float in water, for use, simply dry the wick and light .
- You should not float a Mickwick® in a bathtub, pool, or hot tub. They are Not candles.
Where are they made?
- Mickwicks® are handcrafted in small batches in the Pacific Northwest with all natural ingredients which are sourced in the United States of America.
What happens if I leave my Mickwick in the sun and melts?
- Not a problem, our US Patented Formula will re-solidify when cooled and still work. Many wilderness methods include: Placing Mickwick in the cool ground, in a water source (lake or river), in the cooler (car camping).